So, you have been stalking some properties online. You spoke to several different agents about these properties and want to take this relationship to the next level.
That is, “go for a property viewing“.
Obviously, by now you should have narrowed down the property choices based on the following key factors:
- Is it within your budget range (no point of doing property viewing if you cannot afford to finance it).
- Is it within your acceptable location (will you stay in Geylang area or far in Woodlands?) The choice is yours.
- Are you happy with the surrounding neighbourhood?
- Are you happy with the property specs? (i.e size, #rooms, #toilets, etc).
The more yes you have, the more priority you should give to that particular property.
So, here goes.
- When you plan to visit the property, spend some time walking around the neighbourhood. Since you will pass through it every day.
- Since you will be visiting quite a number of properties, you can put a list of things that you like about one property that stands out to you. Some pictures will be good too.
- Take it slowly and don’t rush the viewing session. You need to have a better feeling of the house. Start from the living room, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc and imagine what your typical day will be like.
- Additionally, imagine how will you arrange your stuff inside.
- Does the place feel cramped, too big, too small, something feels off, etc?
- Remember to jot down these findings somewhere.
- Some people like sunshine. How will you arrange it for the best use? i.e bed arrangement, living room arrangement, etc.
- If you believe in Feng Shui, you can do some analysis here (or do a learn about it first).
- If you plan to rent out the place, make sure that it has access to some important amenities (like hot water and internet connection).
- Find out the nearest MRT, bus connection, local market or supermarket that you can access. Since you will access these quite a lot of time.
And finally, put all your findings in a separate paper then consult with your partner for the best one.