Some Essential Documents You Need to Purchase a House


It is not surprising that much paperwork is needed to be completed before you can purchase a house. While the exact documents that are needed differ based on the type of house you are purchasing, there are a few general documents that you will need to submit before you can acquire any house in Singapore.

  1. Proof of Citizenship

Your citizenship determines the entire process of buying a house, it also determines whether you are eligible to buy specific types of houses, grants as well as the value of the grant. The following can be submitted to determine your citizenship:

  • Singapore Citizen – Pink NRIC (National Registration Identity Card)
  • Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) – Blue NRIC
  • Foreigners – Passport


  1. Proof of Marital Status

There are many types of housing in Singapore, but they are not available for everyone. Depending on your marital status, there are specific housing types catered to you. The following documents can be used to prove your marital status:

  • Married – Marriage Certificate
  • Separated – Deed of Separation
  • Widowed – Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate of Spouse


  1. Proof of Relationship

In certain cases, certain housing schemes are specific to certain relationships that you may have with the co-applicant.

  • Parent-Child Relationship – Birth Certificate or Legal Adoption Papers
  • Siblings Relationship – Birth Certificates


  1. Proof of Income

Your proof of income is necessary to assess your financial situation as well as consider the grants that you are eligible for, if any.

  • If you are employed, you will have to produce your pay slips for the past 3 months or a letter from your employer (with the company stamp/letterhead, name, signature and designation of certifying officer), certifying your salary for the month of application and the preceding 2 months;
  • If you are self-employed, your Latest Notice of Assessment from IRAS or Certified Annual Statement of Accounts from an audit firm, as well as your Credit Bureau report and latest 12 months’ bank statements/passbook; and
  • If you are not employed, a Statutory Declaration, or a valid Student Pass (if you are currently a full-time student) is required.

These are just some of the basic documents required when applying for a house. In fact, there are many more documents that have to be presented, depending on individual cases. If all these is too overwhelming for you, why not Contact Us now to see how we can assist you with the necessary paperwork and secure the lowest mortgage loan rates in Singapore too.